Using some of my Blacksburg Farmer’s Market Bounty, I created a pretty fantastic wrap for dinner this past weekend. Why do I love wraps so much? They are fast, simple, and can easily be altered to your likes and what foods you have around. So without further ado…my Pesto Veggie Wrap.
- Cinnamon-flavored tortilla from Beyond Homemade’s stand at the Farmer’s Market
- Roasted Garlic Spinach Pecan Pesto (aka AMAZING) – also from the Farmer’s Market
- Green Pell Peppers (Farmer’s Market); Organic Salad Mix (Farmer’s Market) Yellow Bell Peppers, White Button Mushrooms, Carrots
- Balsamic vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Spread pesto on wrap.
- Slice vegetables. I also sautéed mine, but raw would be great too!
- Wrap up what will fit. Put the extras on the side of the plate as a salad.
What are your favorite wrap recipes? Do any of you make your own pesto? If so, please share the recipe so I can try it out sometime.
Note: Now that the semester has started, I will be scaling back on my posts to 1-2x per week so that I am focusing first and foremost on my coursework, teaching, and research obligations. I hope you all understand!