If you couldn’t tell by the name of my blog – “Dine, Dash, & Deadlift” – let me make it known with this post entitled – “Personal Pita Pizza” – that I happen to like alliteration. Don’t remember what the heck alliteration is from high school English class? Let me refer you to Wikipedia :-). Anyways, moving on to a quick and easy recipe that will make you never want to “just pick up pizza on the way home because I am short on time” again. Introducing, the personal pita pizza!
- Whole wheat pita pocket
- Tomato sauce of choice
- Italian herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, parsley, rosemary, and marjoram). *If you have fresh on hand, great. If not, I recommend Gourmet Garden’s Italian Herb Paste. It comes in a tube that keeps in the fridge. Super convenient.
- Shredded cheese (or faux cheese) blend of choice.
- Whatever veggies and other toppings you want. I tend to use spinach, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini!
- Preheat oven to 350°F while you chop up your toppings.
- Mix Italian Herbs in to Tomato Sauce. *Note – the sauce will take on a greenish hue, but trust me, combining these herbs in to the sauce is what makes this pizza phenomenal!
- Assemble pizza as desired. Assuming you all know how to do this…but if you don’t: Spread sauce mixture on middle of pizza. Add cheese and toppings as desired.
- Bake about 12 minutes.
- Slice up and enjoy!
This is so fast and simple and is actually the appropriate size, unlike those supposed “personal pizzas” from most restaurants! Have a larger appetite to feed? Make 2! In my opinion, this is the perfect thing to make when you have friends over to watch the game or for movie/game night. Instead of ordering out and everyone having to compromise what toppings they want, personal pita pizzas will allow everyone to choose what kind of pizza they want and it will save $ and calories. Win-Win-Win all around!
I love these so much that I actually made two last night to have as a lunch and dinner later on this week! So, now my question to you is….
If you could design your PERFECT pizza, what would it consist of?