Hello! As promised, today I am unveiling the surprise I alluded to earlier this week… a Zing Bar giveaway! Since I have family members who have Celiac Disease (meaning they cannot eat products containing gluten – the protein found in wheat) I am always on the lookout for nutritious, convenient foods for them to try out. Luckily, I recently find out about an amazing product called Zing Bars!
If you haven’t heard of Zing Bars, I highly suggest checking out their website for more information, but here are some quick facts about the company.
- Created by Registered Dietitians
- 6 GREAT Flavors (Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Cashew Cranberry Orange, and Almond Blueberry)
- Gluten-free, Wheat-free, and Soy-Free
- 3 Flavors (Chocolate Coconut, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, and Cashew Cranberry Orange are also Dairy Free
- Between 10-13 grams of protein per bar
- All are a classified as a “good” or “excellent” source of fiber containing between 3-6 grams (which is 12-24% of Daily Fiber Recommendations) per bar.
- Organic Agave Nectar used as the sweetener
Now, you may be thinking, “there are A LOT of nutrition bars on the market, why is this one any different?”. Essentially what it boils down to is the team of Registered Dietitians who created Zing Bars paid attention to various nutrition aspects that are often lacking in other bars and designed a line-up to include important features such as amount of protein, fiber, and healthy fats, using natural, wholesome ingredients. These bars are also free of common food allergens.
A lot of companies carry gluten-free products these days, however the fiber is typically very low and the taste leaves much to be desired. A bigger concern is that these foods are usually manufactured in the same facility as wheat containing products, which can result in cross-contamination! Zing Bars on the other hand are produced in a Certified Gluten Free facility and also exceed the World Health Organizations guidelines for gluten free foods, ensuring us that these products are indeed gluten free!
Oh yes and as I am sure you are wondering, they taste AMAZING! Ever eaten other bars and had a hard time getting them down without a beverage because they are so dry? That is not an issue with the Zing Bars. They are perfectly moist and soft, yet also crunchy at the same time, which left me feeling satisfied after snacking on them!
When I arrived home on Sunday night to see the Sampler Pack waiting for me, I immediately opted to try out the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip option. It was delicious! I honestly thought it would be my favorite flavor. Then, Monday I had the Cashew Orange Cranberry as a mid afternoon snack and I immediately decided that this sweet, uniquely flavored bar was actually my new favorite instead. Tuesday my schedule was so hectic that I didn’t get a chance to eat anything after lunch until I returned to my office at 8 pm! Needless to say I was starving and subsequently inhaled the Almond Blueberry – which was good, but I wish I had taken the time to truly enjoy it instead of scarfing it down! Yesterday I had the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip which was surprisingly soft and moist for being made from Oats! I have not yet tried that Chocolate Coconut or the Chocolate Peanut Butter, but I will let you know my opinions on those ones next week! So far, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Cashew Orange Cranberry are tied for my favorite! 🙂
So are there any downsides to Zing Bars? The only one I can think of is that they are not as widely available as big name brands. Whole Foods, REI, HEB, and other Natural Foods Stores are the most likely to carry them. Find a location near you using this Store Locator. The other option is to order them on-line, directly from the Zing Bar site.
- Comment below telling me if you have tried Zing Bars before and if so what your favorite flavor is, or if you have not had the chance yet, tell me which flavor you are most excited to try out!
- “Like” Zing Bar on Facebook
- Tweet Out the Following (or some variation thereof) – “I just entered to win @NutritionNerd ‘s giveaway of @Zingbars , have you?
- Follow me on Twitter – @NutritionNerd
- “Like” Dine, Dash & Deadlift on Facebook
There you have it – 5 ways to enter! A winner will be chosen at random on Monday at 5pm and announced on Tuesday, so get your entries in by then! Good luck!
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. I received complimentary Zing Bars for review purposes courtesy of Zing. The opinions I have expressed are solely my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”