I am loving the winter-like weather lately and if it would just SNOW here in Virginia, I would be a very happy girl. There is something so serene and peaceful about running in the winter that has me addicted. For this reason, I am also obsessed with cold weather running apparel. From head to toe, here is what I will be wearing the next few months. (I have included links, so in case you still have some Christmas shopping to do, this may serve as a list for the female runner in your life!)
*Not sure what happened with the #s…but the 7 is supposed to be on the pants! Oops!
- Brooks Infiniti Headband – keep those ears nice and toasty! I own 2 pairs of Brooks headbands.
- EMS Techwick Top – I wear it for skiing, running, hiking, etc in the winter. My favorite aspect of this top is the thumb holes!
- Pearl Izumi Convertible Top – A wind and water-resistant top that changes from a jacket to a vest. I own an earlier version in pink!
- Nathan Reflective Snap Bands – A must if you will be running before sunrise or after sunset!
- Nike Running Gloves – Keep those fingers from falling off! I also own 2 pairs of these as well.
- Eastern Mountain Sports Icebug Shoes – Great for winter trail runs. Comes with studs for icy conditions!
- Nike Running Tights – Even has a small back pocket to stash your key, phone, or gel. My favorite running tights are Nike.
There is a list of what works for me when the weather outside is frightful (sorry, had to put in some holiday lyrics)! What does your typical winter running outfit look like? Men – sorry for creating a women’s specific post, but honestly, men do you even read this blog? If so, what are your “go to” cold weather items. I’ll create a collage of your suggestions if you would like!