My favorite number has always been 12, and thus I have a good feeling about this year! I have decided to make a list of 12 things I want to accomplish this year – something I have never officially done before. In order to keep me on task and focused on this mission, I have created a page here on the blog ( 12 Things in 2012 ) where they will be housed – and checked off – before the curtain falls on 2012. So here is my list. Some are serious. Some are silly. All (and more) will be accomplished in the next 52 weeks!
- Run 6 trail races.
- Submit an NIH (or similar) grant proposal.
- Run my first marathon.
- Ski 30 days. I know, this does not sound like a lot to all of you ski bums out there, but it is hard to get in a lot of days while working on my PhD and not living close to any mountains!
- Go on 12 hikes.
- Start and FINISH one of those DIY teeth whitening boxes.
- Make a trip back to Wyoming/Colorado. (Lived in WY for 5 years. Miss the Rockies very much)!
- Get together with my college friends. We all currently live all over the country, so getting us all together at once = challenging!
- Cut my peanut butter consumption down to 2 jars a month, as it is currently at 4 jars/month! Maybe I should buy all 24 jars at once, and when they are gone, so is my PB intake for the year!
- Make a list of all of my commitments, obligations, etc and the prioritize them and remove some. I have way too much going on and I always do it all at the expense of my workouts, sleep, household chores, and fun. I really wanted to make a goal related to allowing myself to have fun and relax as well as to make workouts a priority, but the truth is, until I remove some of my deadline laden extracurriculars, committee work, volunteer work, etc there is no chance of fulfilling the other two.
- Make my own sushi. I have only done it once before and it NEEDS to happen again!
- Visit 2 National Parks that I have not yet been to. On my bucket list is to visit ALL of them…so need to start chipping away at the list!
Now if you’ll excuse me – I am off to work on Item #4 😉
What is on your list for 2012? Which National Parks do you recommend?