Back in February, Kristen (aka the Swanky Dietitian) hosted a Driscoll’s Berries giveaway which I was lucky enough to win! With these berries coupons I vowed to make exciting and new recipes. The first berry recipe I made was this Black & Blue (Berry) Pizza. Searching through the Driscoll’s website brought me to Quinoa Pilaf with Raspberries recipe to try out second.
- 1 1/2 cups
reduced sodium chicken or vegetable brothI used water.
- 3/4 cups quinoa
- 1/8 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/2 cups finely chopped parsleyI didn’t have any on hand.
- 1/2 cups finely chopped toasted
walnutsalmonds, because I hate walnuts
- 1/2 cups dried currants
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Raspberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine
brothwater, quinoa and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
parsley, walnutsalmonds, currants and raspberries gently into hot quinoa.
- Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Overall, I found this dish to be a bit dry for my taste. Granted, I did not follow the recipe exactly though! Also, I find quinoa to be “nutty” in flavor so the addition of nuts didn’t seem to make the most sense. However, it is a quick a simple recipe for a unique berry side dish.
What lunch or dinner items do you add berries too? Link up the recipes if you have them!