In case you haven’t noticed, BRIGHT colors are back in style and this includes workout gear. I’m not one for going all out neon, but I can’t help but interject some bright pieces in to my summer workout attire. Here are my favorite options for adding some color, while keeping it balanced with neutrals. I either own (or would happily scoop up) all of these items!
- Athleta Tempo Run Cap – This hat is not yet in my possession, but I have been contemplating a new running hat for a few weeks now and this one seems ideal.
- Asics Emma Racerback – You will be sure to stand out in this bright tank!
- Nathan Quick Draw Plus Handheld Water Bottle – I own two of these and they are great! Side pouch easily stashes gels, chews, and keys.
- Timex Ironman Watch – I know most folks are in to fancy GPS watches for long runs, but this sleek and simple watch is what I have relied on for years!
- New Balance Momentum Shorts – Over the past year these have become my “go-to” shorts. Functional, comfortable and flattering – what more could you want?
- Nike Free Bionic – I recently received a pair of these sweet looking shoes from Finish Line (go join the Women’s Community if you haven’t yet for great monthly giveaways!). Unfortunately thanks to my right ankle still being confined to that giant black walking boot, I have only been able to wear the left one. I am pretty sure that the bright pink color alone is going to shave minutes off all of my PRs once I am back to running! 🙂
- Asics Hera Headband – Keep flyaways out of your face while looking cute and stylish thanks to Asics!
- Under Armour Rib Tank – Confession: I own this tank top in 6 different colors and would readily purchase more! They are without a doubt my most reached for workout tops.
- Oakley Continuity Bra – While best known for their eye-wear, Oakley also has some seriously great running apparel! I bought this bra earlier this year and have been quite impressed.
- Nike Tempo Shorts – which you can apparently have monogrammed, here! The tempo shorts are a staple in my wardrobe. They fit well, move easily, and can usually be found for about $20.
- Asics Cushion Low-Cut Socks – While I don’t have this color (YET) I am in love with the few pairs of Asics socks I do own. They are thinner than my others and therefore perfect for summer.
- New Balance Trail Minimus – I finally caught up with the times last summer when I purchased these as my first pair of minimalist running shoes. While I had to back off the mileage in them at first, they are what I reach for on most all trail runs now.
What are your summer workout essentials? Have you embraced the bright color trend already?