It’s that time of the year again! Time to giveaway an entry into the 2014 Blue Ridge Marathon (or half-marathon if 26.2 isn’t really your thing). Living in Blacksburg, VA I am naturally biased, but the Blue Ridge Parkway has some GORGEOUS views! So if you are looking for a challenging spring marathon you might as well get yourself over to Roanoke, VA so you can have some great scenery to look at when the “Why am I doing this again?” voice starts creeping into your head. Also, Roanoke is a seriously cool town to be in following the race. It’s a small city, but plenty to do and see once you have rested a bit after the race!
You may recall that I was supposed to run the full this year, but was sidelined with an injury. However, the atmosphere was great for cheering on my friends and they all had a blast running it. Well…maybe there were some moments on the ascents that thought otherwise, but overall a big thumbs up from everyone I know who has run it!
- Elevation Change: 7,234 feet for the full and 2,500 for the half (well…at least that was deal last year. I have been informed the #s may be INCREASING for 2014!)
- Named: America’s Toughest Road Marathon thanks to the course going up and down 3 different small mountains!
- Date: April 26, 2014
- Course Records: 2:39:48 (Male, Full), 3:19:27 (Female, Full), 1:20:06 (Male, Half), 1:29:17 (Female, Half)
- Runner Satisfaction Rate: 100% (seriously…the race organizers are THAT good)!
- Walker Friendly Half-Marathon: With a 7 hour course limit, this is the perfect event for those who would don’t want to run but still want to be out there enjoying the event!
- Race Social Media: Twitter- @BRM25pt2 , Facebook- www.facebook.com/blueridgemarathon
This race SOLD OUT for 2013 and probably will for 2014 as well….so avoid that by committing NOW to run it. 🙂
To be entered for a chance to win a free entry into the 2014 race simply leave a comment on this post. For an extra entry, simply send out a tweet about this giveaway. Make sure to include the link, the hashtag #runblueridge and my Twitter handle ( @NutritionNerd ) in it so your entry can be counted.
Get your entries in by Friday, October 4th at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be announced on Sunday, October 5th!
GOOD LUCK and I hope to see you in Roanoke next spring! 🙂